Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What's playing at AbPow 9/18/07


If you notice to the left, I've changed the ipod picture to reflect my pickup of a new Nano. It's a great little player, but I just wish there were cases available for it already given my track record of manhandling iPods (I've broken 2 hard drive-based iPods by dropping them, so I vowed to go flash from here on out). Anyway, here are the last several played:

"Never Leave"-Dave Derby, Dave Derby and the Norfolk Downs. Outstanding singer-songwriter record from the one-time Dambuilder and current "musical director" for comedienne Sarah Silverman. MySpace | CD Baby

"Seraphim", "Poem for the Middle Class"-The Seldon Plan, The Collective Now. As you can maybe judge from those two titles (which came up consecutively on the iPod), The Seldon Plan is an indie pop band. A very good one, though - I really enjoyed their 2005 release Making Circles, and this one is sounding quite good, too, in a Nada Surf kind of way. MySpace | CD Baby

"Abilene"-Knit Delicate, Pressed. I've already mentioned this disc, but I want to reiterate that it's really, really good.

"Hallelujah Chorus"-The Nobility, The Mezzanine. I really love this track, and this is another disc I've come to enjoy immensely; think The Decembrists if Colin Meloy could sing and if they didn't go for baroque, or David Grahame if he were less Beatle-obsessed. Formerly known as Jetpack UK. MySpace | CD Baby

"Zzzzz...."-The Twilight, Tempest in a Teapot. It's funny that this came back-to-back with The Nobility, since The Twilight is a very similar indie pop band that has released an irresistible disc. MySpace | CD Baby

"Heart of Stone"-Cyclones, Walk Fast Head Down. After all of those indie poppers, it was a nice change of pace to hear a more straightforward power pop band, and the Cyclones deliver on that score. From 2005. CD Baby | Official Site

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last 5 songs played on shuffle mode:

artless, heartless- mark decerbo
straight, no chaser- thelonious monk
miss understanding- jason falkner
all about you- the supers
anchor- pugwash

Anonymous said...

Here are my last 10 songs..

Baby, I Want You Back - Kim Fox
No Cars Go - Arcade Fire
O'Sailor - Fiona Apple
King Of Spain - Moxy Fruvous
Steppin' Out - Fantastic Plastic Machine (Joe Jackson cover)
Unable To Be Located - Chris Von Sneidern
Scar - Stephen Fretwell
Stripsearch - Faith No More
Just A Friend - Biz Markie
She's The One - World Party