Thursday, September 21, 2017

A personal note.

I know I only normally post 2-3 times a month, so this near one-month absence is not completely surprising, but I have not posted any reviews since then as shortly after my last post, my younger (and only) brother was suddenly hospitalized and barely a week later passed away. And no sooner did he pass than my family found ourselves squarely in the projected path of Hurricane Irma, forcing us to evacuate. Thankfully the brunt of Irma stayed to our east and the storm weakened spending more time over land than forecast, so my home came out unscathed. But we still lost power/cable/internet for most of last week and given the stress of all that's gone on, I haven't really been in the right head space to write about power pop these days.

But I'm getting there and there's been a lot of great new stuff that either came out just before or since, so I will be posting soon and am certainly not abandoning this blog. Thanks as always for reading, and thank you for your patience.

17 comments:

johnnybgoode said...

So sorry to hear about your brother. I am sure you have good memories of your times together and hope you can focus on that. Having lived through Hurricane Andrew in Florida, I totally understand the apprehension that goes with an approaching hurricane, whether it hits directly or not. My best to you and your family and I pray that things start to improve from here.

I really enjoy your blog. It is one of the high points of a day to see that you have a new post. I look forward to you starting it up again whenever.

DiggityDawg said...

Condolences on your loss. And take as much time as you need to come back full force. Completely understandable that it'll take awhile.

Anonymous said...

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. You've turned me on to much great music over the years, and I wish you peace as you mourn.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear it! Thinking of you and your family. I've been following this blog for a little over a decade and value it immensely, so it's always worth waiting for (and in the meantime, there's so much in the archives I haven't listened to yet!). Very grateful for all the time and effort you've put into it over the years. Take your time.

jesuscierzo said...

Te acompaño en el sentimiento por la pérdida de tu hermano ; tan sólo quería enviar mucho ánimo a tí y a tu familia .Siempre agradecido por compartir tan buenas referencias musicales .
Saludos y ánimo .
Cuídese !!

Anonymous said...

Condolences on your loss. Take the time you need. Love your blog and all the stuff you have turned me (and obviously, many others) on to over the years. We can wait....real life just gets in the way sometimes.

jeff said...

how awful, you've brought a lot of pleasure into our lives. if there is anything we can do in return let us know.

Shriner said...

Very sorry to hear this. Family first!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. Peace be with you. Enjoy your work.

richrecruiter said...

My most heartfelt sorrow and condolences on your loss.

TwoHeads said...

Mucha fuerza y mucho animo, para ti y para toda la familia...
Saludos

Alan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Very sorry to hear about your loss

Brett Raio said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. Earth's loss, Heaven's gain. God Bless you and your family.
- Brett Raio

"Boris" said...

My most sincere and heartfelt condolences to you and your family.
Peace Within.
"Boris"

Anonymous said...

Tough times indeed just know that although we are oceans apart we are thinking of you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your family's sad news. Hang in.