Sunday, February 12, 2006

EP of the Day: 2nd Day Crush-624


Today's featured EP was one I discovered kind of accidentally. Many artists on CD Baby choose to include their cds as part of a 3 for $15 sale. So when I went to order a particular disc recently, I noticed that it was part of the sale, and I figured I'd better find two more to get the discount. Now with as much as I buy from them, I've pretty much exhausted most of the ones I really want that are available 3 for $15. So these days I'm getting a bit more adventurous when it comes to filling out these slots.

624 was one of the $5 specials I took a chance on, and it's paid off handsomely. 2nd Day Crush is a high-energy, almost punk-pop band, and this EP is right up your alley if you're a fan of Rooney, Weezer, and/or Cheap Trick. They even pull off the slower ones ("Someone") with some facility.

The EP can be streamed at the band's site, and you can also pick it up at eMusic.

And looking at their site, I've noticed you can even order a ringtone of "Something Now" here. Now I like this EP, but even I'm not willing to go that far. Now maybe if we're talking a David Mead ringtone....

No comments: