Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Welcome Coolfer readers!

Coolfer is my probably my favorite music blog out there. They do a great job of covering all the angles in the music industry today, both in the area of the music biz as well as the music itself. And they do it all without a hipper-than-thou attitude (cough, Pitchfork, cough) yet they have the ability to cut through a lot of the BS out there. And yes, they do like power pop and they're not ashamed to admit it.

So I gave them a shout to let 'em know about this blog, and here's what Coolfer had to say:
Absolute Powerpop is a blog dedicated to, yes, power pop. It has links to albums available at eMusic, lists of power pop bands playing SXSW and a lot of posts on unheralded and unheard-of power pop artists and bands. Since the genre doesn't get much mainstream play -- outside of Fountains of Wayne -- a resource like this is worth its weight in gold.
Much appreciated. To new readers coming over, welcome, and I hope you find us worthy of the comments above.

1 comment:

Harry said...

Well alright! This is the music blog I've been waiting for my whole life! I was in college during Jellyfish, Dada and Material Issue's heyday. Love the power pop and will be subcribing to your rss feed as well as providing linkage. This is awesome.